LASER CUT SAMPLE OBJECT DESIGN 210

 

SURFACE DESIGN STUDY: LASER CUT SAMPLE



process:

this is a continuation of the surface design project. we had to take our pattern and print it out on a laser cutter. out of the materials I had access to I chose to use cherry wood because I liked how the samples looked the most.


The next step of this project was to prep it for the laser cutter. First I took my design and made it fit into a square box. At the same time turned it black, white, dark gray, and added red border lines. 

The white surfaces meant that nothing would be cut while the decrease in tone would indicate how deep the laser would cut. However, due to the dark gray, part of the design was cut too deep and blended into the rest of the pattern.






Because of that, the technician and I went back and changed the dark gray to gray.

The second go around with the lighter gray the laser cutter did not print as deep. It helped to add variety in depth to the pattern.



Comments

Popular Posts